Hot starting difficulties on 1977 Model cars can sometimes
only be corrected by installing kit, Part Number 047 198 587
Before installing kit:
If hot starting problems still exist, install Kit No. 047 198 597
- Check CIS system to make certain specifications
given in Workshop Manual (page 25-4) are obtained.
- Be sure to perform system pressure leak test and
check injectors to assure they don't drip.
- Check engine for dieseling after switching off ignition
- If dieseling occurs, install diode Part Number
059 905 371 as described in Product Bulletin,
Group 10 Number 7703,
dated July 1, 1977
- Unscrew fuel tank filler cao to release pressure
- Loosen radiator expansion tank and move tank aside
- Install thermo-switch, mounted on bracket, under
intake manifold as shown.
- Preassemble solenoid and long fuel hose to
- Bolt solenoid A to air sensor housing
by passing rear two bolts on housing through
solenoid mounting bracket
- Install new fuel hose connecting bolt B
to permit connection of long fuel line C